Boost STEM knowledge and expertise with exciting STEM opportunities available at no cost to Indiana teachers. Learn how to bring science, technology, engineering and math alive in your classroom!
STEM Teach IV will offer a variety of professional development for all K-12 teachers.
- Graduate level courses in STEM discipline areas to meet the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) requirement for teaching dual-credit courses by 2022
- Regional STEM Workshops offered by local colleges and universities to boost STEM instruction in the classroom for elementary, middle and high school teachers
- Undergraduate or graduate courses offered through colleges and universities to assist teachers with enhancing STEM instruction and/or adding a STEM content area to an existing teaching license
- Scholarships for teachers to attend STEM-based statewide conferences
Ashley Bean | West Central High School | Francesville, IN
“I recently completed 18 graduate credits through STEM Teach from Indiana Wesleyan University in Mathematics to earn my Graduate Mathematics Teaching Certificate with absolutely no financial costs to me! Thanks to the STEM Teach III program, I now meet the Higher Learning Commission requirement for teaching dual-credit Pre-Calculus and Calculus. The application process and the teacher portal was easy to navigate through and the STEM Teach staff was very helpful and quick to respond to questions. I would highly recommend taking advantage of this wonderful opportunity!”
Plymouth High School | Plymouth, IN
“Several science and math instructors at Plymouth High School have taken advantage of the courses within the STEM Teach offerings to achieve the elevated credentialing necessary by 2022. We are thrilled that two of these teachers have already completed their course work and are now fully credentialed in the areas of physics and mathematics. The teachers said their main goal in taking on this opportunity was to continue to provide our students the chance to earn college credit in their dual credit high school courses. They enjoy teaching these challenging courses and seeing our students achieve success!”
News & Announcements
- Click on Offerings to see current information on courses, workshops, and other opportunities.
- Have you signed up to receive news and updates from STEM Teach? Get the latest info by subscribing here.
- The application window for teachers NEW to STEM Teach is CLOSED. Please check back soon for future application opportunities.
- Registration dates vary by type of offering, so be sure to note the individual deadlines for registration.
- Fall 2020 registration is scheduled for the following dates. Please check back for updated information as it becomes available.
- July 6-17, 2020 at 2 PM: Priority registration for dual credit teachers who need graduate courses
- July 8-17, 2020: Registration for all K-12 teacher in graduate and undergraduate courses & STEM Teach raffles
- TBD: Registration for all K-12 teacher online workshops
STEM Teach Awarded Grant
Programs that prepare educators to teach in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) subject areas again have resources to continue that work in Indiana schools. The Indiana Commission for Higher Education has awarded over $9.6 million to 16 organizations and colleges from across the state that support STEM teacher preparation, recruitment, retention and professional development.
See the full press release here!