Boost STEM knowledge and expertise with STEM opportunities available at no cost to Indiana teachers. Learn how to bring science, technology, engineering and math alive in your Hoosier classroom!
STEM Teach V will offer a variety of professional development for all K-12 teachers.
- Graduate level courses in STEM discipline areas to meet the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) requirement for teaching dual-credit courses by 2023
- Graduate courses offered through colleges and universities to assist teachers with enhancing STEM instruction by earning degrees and certificates
- Scholarships for teachers to attend STEM-based statewide conferences and/or an opportunity to receive STEM professional development and related project classroom kit
Heather Jackson | Danville Community High School | Danville, IN
“STEM Teach has been a wonderful experience for me! I have taken graduate-level courses in Chemistry and Biology to meet the Higher Learning Commission requirements for teaching dual-credit Chemistry and Biology at ZERO cost (even the books are covered)! The staff at STEM Teach has been extremely helpful in answering questions and walking me through the application process as well as helping me sign up for classes. In addition to classes, there are also opportunities to participate in conferences around the state. I would encourage all teachers to participate in this amazing opportunity!”
Plymouth High School | Plymouth, IN
“Several science and math instructors at Plymouth High School have taken advantage of the courses within the STEM Teach offerings to achieve the elevated credentialing necessary by 2022. We are thrilled that two of these teachers have already completed their course work and are now fully credentialed in the areas of physics and mathematics. The teachers said their main goal in taking on this opportunity was to continue to provide our students the chance to earn college credit in their dual credit high school courses. They enjoy teaching these challenging courses and seeing our students achieve success!”
News & Announcements
- Click on Offerings to see current information on courses, workshops, and other opportunities.
- Have you signed up to receive news and updates from STEM Teach? Get the latest info by subscribing here.
- Applications are OPEN! Teachers new to STEM Teach should apply now to be eligible for a Winter/Spring 2022 course.
- Winter/Spring 2022 Registration will be open November 16 – December 3, 2021.
STEM Teach Awarded Grant
Programs that prepare educators to teach in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) subject areas again have resources to continue that work in Indiana schools. The Indiana Commission for Higher Education has awarded over $9.6 million to 16 organizations and colleges from across the state that support STEM teacher preparation, recruitment, retention and professional development.
Read the full press releases: