- Registration for Summer 2023 courses is now closed. Stay tuned for news on STEM Teach VI! We hope to have information by the end of June 2023 regarding future offerings for two more years of funding.
- Applications are currently closed. Please SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter to receive important updates and announcements for STEM Teach, including upcoming application and registration windows.
Apply for STEM Teach V –
Before you apply to STEM Teach V, view the informational presentation to understand how the program works. This will fulfill the online application terms of agreement for viewing the presentation.
Interested in applying to STEM Teach V?
STEM Teach V will be accepting applications from teachers who are interested in taking graduate courses or receiving scholarships to attend conferences. “Applying” to STEM Teach simply means that you are creating an account for us to verify that you are a teacher, notify you of upcoming offerings, and allow you to register in the online STEM Teach teacher portal for courses. Check the website for new information periodically, and be sure to sign up to receive updates too!
How do I receive emails and updates from STEM Teach?
Sign up here.
What are the eligibility requirements for STEM Teach V?
In order to be eligible to apply for STEM Teach V, teachers must hold a valid Indiana teaching license and teach and be employed in a K-12 public, including charters, or accredited private school within the state. All eligible teachers are required to complete an online application.
Instructions for STEM Teach V Online Teacher Application (Creating an Account)
Warning: Be sure to read all of the instructions before clicking on the Apply button. The STEM Teach V application should be completed in one sitting. You will need approximately 10 minutes to answer all of the questions. For your application information to be saved, you must respond to all of the questions and click Submit.
What will I need to complete the online application?
Each teacher is required to provide a variety of information including their contact information, teaching license number, and administrator and school contact information. Current and potential dual credit teachers will also need a letter of acknowledgement from their administrator.
Indiana Teaching License – You may find your teaching license number at the following website: https://license.doe.in.gov/educator-license-lookup
Dual Credit Teachers ONLY: Administrator Acknowledgment Letter – The letter from your administrator on district or school letterhead should include the following:
- Your Name
- Identification of the specific content area(s) you teach that is included in STEM Teach (biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, psychology, and technology/IT).
- Acknowledgement that you are applying to take courses in the specified content area through STEM Teach V.
- Statement specifying whether your school currently offers dual credit courses in the specified content area(s) OR any plans or possible opportunities to do so in the future (i.e. MOU with a dual credit provider) AND statement specifying whether you currently teach dual credit courses in the specified content area(s) OR any plans for you to do so in the future (i.e. staff replacement).
- Name, title, and signature of administrator on school letterhead.
In order to complete an application, you must set up an account that includes designating a username and password. Click on Prospective Students and/or Apply Today to set up an account. After setting up an account and logging in, click on Apply Today to begin the application.
Submitting the Application
Once you have completed the application by selecting the submit button at the bottom of the application page, you may return to the portal and select the login option to review or update your information.
Reminder: The STEM Teach portal is NOT part of the STEM Teach website, and you will need to return to our website to access general information and instructions regarding STEM Teach V.
I have submitted my application. What happens next?
STEM Teach V will send an email to each applicant when the application is received. An additional email stating the status of his/her application is provided within three to five business days of the submission (longer wait times are possible depending on the number of applicants in the queue).
Registering for Courses
Once approved, teachers receive instructions via email for course registration based on their priority registration status before each semester’s registration window (dual credit teachers have designated priority registration windows). The course catalog will be available in the STEM Teach portal during the registration window. STEM Teach will release the list of courses available prior to each semester via the online catalog, Quick Look or Sneak Peek available on this website.
Once a teacher is accepted into the program, he/she may register for one course per semester during a registration window.
Investing in the Future
“In order for Indiana to remain competitive in the global economy, we need a strong pipeline of students pursuing an education in STEM fields,” said Indiana Commissioner for Higher Education Chris Lowery. “That pipeline begins in high school through dual credit courses, providing students with valuable college-level experiences and transferable credit.”