- The application window for teachers NEW to STEM Teach is open September 9 – October 30, 2020.
- Winter/Spring 2021 course, raffle, and workshop regisration dates:
- November 16, 2020 – Priority course registration and raffle open for all Dual Credit teachers.
- November 18, 2020 – Course registration and raffle open for all K-12 teachers.
- December 4, 2020 – Registration for courses and raffle closes.
- January 11, 2021 – Workshop registration opens.
Apply for STEM Teach IV –
Before you apply to STEM Teach IV, view our informational presentation here!
Interested in applying to STEM Teach IV?
STEM Teach IV will be accepting applications from teachers who are interested in taking graduate or undergraduate classes, workshops or receiving scholarships to attend conferences. “Applying” to STEM Teach simply means that you are creating an account for us to verify that you are a teacher, notify you of upcoming offerings and for you to register in the online teacher portal for the offerings. Watch the website for new information, and be sure to sign up to receive updates too!
How do I receive emails and updates from STEM Teach?
Sign up here.
What are the eligibility requirements for STEM Teach IV?
In order to be eligible to apply for STEM Teach IV, teachers must be currently teaching in Indiana and are required to complete an online application.
Instructions for STEM Teach IV Online Teacher Application (Creating an Account)
Be sure to read all of the instructions below before clicking on the link to apply to STEM Teach IV during an application window.
When you click on the following link, you will be re-directed to the STEM Teach online teacher portal https://stemteach.azurewebsites.net/.
In order to apply, you must set up an account that includes designating a username and password. Click on Prospective Students and/or Apply Today to set up an account. After setting up an account and logging in, click on Apply Today to begin the application.
Warning: The STEM Teach IV application should be completed in one sitting. You will need approximately 10 minutes to answer all of the questions. For your application information to be saved, you must respond to all of the questions.
What will I need to complete the online application?
Each teacher is required to provide a variety of information including his/her contact information, teaching license number, and administrator and school contact information. Dual credit teachers will also need a letter of acknowledgement from his/her administrator.
Indiana Teaching License – You may find your teaching license number at one of the following websites: https://licenselookup.doe.in.gov/TeacherInquiry.aspx or https://license.doe.in.gov/educator-license-lookup
Dual Credit Teachers ONLY: Administrator Acknowledgment Letter – The letter from your administrator on district or school letterhead should include the following:
- Acknowledgement that you are applying to take courses, workshops, or attend conferences through STEM Teach IV
- Statement of need indicating that you need to complete courses in the “specified” content area for the school to continue offering dual credit courses (to students) OR
- Statement of need indicating that you need to complete courses in the “specified” content area for the school to offer dual credit courses in the future (to students)
- Name, title, and signature of administrator
Submitting the Application
Once you have completed the application, you may click Submit at the bottom of the page. If needed, you may return to the portal and update your information during the application window.
Reminder: This portal is not part of the www.stemteachindiana.org website, and you will need to return to our website to access general information and instructions regarding STEM Teach IV.
I have submitted my application. What happens next?
STEM Teach IV will send an email to each applicant indicating the status of his/her application within a few weeks of the application window closing. At that time, each accepted applicant will also receive instructions via email for course registration based on his/her priority registration status. (Current dual credit teachers have designated priority registration windows.)
Registering for Courses
The course catalog will be available during the registration window. STEM Teach will release the list of courses available prior to each semester via the course catalog available on this website.
Once a teacher is accepted into the program, he/she may register for one course or workshop per semester during a registration window.