CHEM T 550 Introductory Biochemistry (Graduate)
Topics include protein composition and structure, enzyme kinetics, catalytic and regulatory strategies, carbohydrates, nucleic acids, lipids and cell membranes; transducing and storing energy – metabolic cycles, responding to environmental changes.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss how structure of biomolecules determines their overall biological function.
- Explain how various cellular factors impact the mechanisms that regulate metabolic pathways.
- Analyze and describe the biochemical principles that effect humans.
- Analyze, evaluate, and discuss the contributions of biochemistry to society.
- Critically evaluate current research and communicate an understanding of the scientific literature in biochemistry.
Prerequisite: Two semesters of organic chemistry as an undergraduate student
CHEM T 510 Inorganic Chemistry (Winter/Spring 2022)
CHEM T 520 Organic Synthesis (Winter/Spring 2023)
CHEM T 530 Organic Spectroscopy (Fall 2022)
CHEM T 540 Physical Chemistry (Fall 2022)
CHEM T 550 Introductory Biochemistry (Summer 2022 & Summer 2023)
CHEM T 570 Nuclear Chemistry (Summer 2023)
CHEM T 590 Chemistry Capstone – Rqd for Graduate Certificate (Summer 2022 & Summer 2023)
Semester: Full Summer 2022
Instructor: Dr. Hitesh Kathuria
Credit Hours: 3 Graduate
Teacher Level: Grades 9-12
Graduate Certificate Available: Yes