MAKE! Creation Through Imagination
Get Ready to MAKE!
Students learn best by doing. Imagination-powered education makes learning and teaching fun. That’s why the makerspace movement is inspiring classrooms across the country.
So, what is a makerspace? It’s a classroom creativity hub where students design, build, and learn through hands-on projects aligned with academic standards. Sailing boats, designing robots, experimenting with gardening—the words “I wonder” lead the way.
Join STEM Teach Indiana and 1st Maker Space on May 17 for a hands-on conference all about makerspaces in K-8 classrooms.
- Learn to develop makerspace projects across all subject matters
- Explore how to coach students through the Engineering Design Process
- Gain tips for using math to reinforce grade level standards
- Discover strategies for infusing literacy and reading into STEM projects
- Gather resources for creating a sustainable maker movement in your school
- Plus much more!
UPDATE: Team and individual registrations are SOLD OUT. Registration for this event is closed. *School teams of 4-5 may be eligible to receive a Teacher Geek Mobile Makerspace cart at no cost to the teacher or school.
STEM Teach V Promotion
Date: 5/17/2022 | 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Location: University of Indianapolis
Teacher Level: Grades K-8