CS 101 Fundamentals of Computing (Undergrad)
The main focus of the course is to give students a practical understanding of computing to become well-informed citizens and professionals in the computing age. Topics may include a basic study of computational thinking, computer security, big data, artificial intelligence, and current trends in computing.
The course outline includes:
- How Computers Work: Binary number systems, protocols, and basic circuits
- What is inside a computer : CPU, RAM, hard drive, etc.
- Internet 101 : how data is moved around the internet
- Computer and internet security : how do you know your data is secure?
- Servers and such : logging into a server, transferring files
- Python basics : Learning the Python 3 programming language
- Computational problems : things computers can do really well, and things that are impossible for
computers to solve
- Artificial intelligence : different meanings of the term, examples
CS 151 Intro to Computer Science (Spring 2020)
ITSC 121 Computer Programming I (Python) (Spring 2020)
ITSC 122 Computer Programming II (Python) (Summer I 2020)