STEM Conference Hosted by Purdue – Scholarship (In-person and Virtual)
The theme for the 2022 conference is “STEM Education: Making Giant Leaps.” The goal of the Indiana STEM Education Conference is to support K-12 STEM learning opportunities by sharing effective practices in teaching and learning. The 2022 conference will include special keynote speaker Dr. Briony Horgan. Dr. Horgan is an Associate Professor of Planetary Science at Purdue University. Her research program uses data from NASA satellites and rovers to understand the surface processes that have shaped Mars and the Moon. She is a Participating Scientist on NASA’s Mars Science Laboratory rover mission and a Co-Investigator on the current NASA Mars rover mission.
The conference will also include:
- over 50 presentations on STEM curriculum, STEM instruction, STEM careers, and STEM research
- A resource webpage with presentation slides and handouts, vendor handouts, and research posters
- Networking with STEM education vendors
- Access to recorded presentations following the conference
- Professional Growth Points for teachers
IMPORTANT: Do not register for this offering with STEM Teach until you have confirmed with your administrator that you are able to attend. STEM Teach will register teachers at the Purdue website. Do not register on your own – STEM Teach will not be able to reimburse you.
Indiana STEM Education Conference Hosted by Purdue
Date: Thursday, January 13, 2022; 9 AM – 3:15 PM
Location: Online or in-person; In-person will take place at Purdue University
Teacher Level: Grade K-12