Funding Courses for Master's Degree
Supporting Teachers in Need of a Master’s Degree
STEM Teach IV is excited to share that a limited amount of funding is available to support teachers who have completed 18 graduate hours by the end of Summer 2021 through STEM Teach and are in need of a master’s degree by paying for additional graduate courses not listed in the STEM Teach IV catalog. As funding allows, this opportunity is currently available for Summer 2021 courses with the possibility of Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 courses. Tuition and books are included for one course per semester (STEM Teach is unable to pay college application fees, admin fees, etc. Be sure to check with your school or corporation for assistance to cover these costs).
Funding is limited for this opportunity and there are eligibility criteria for teachers to participate. The requirements are as follows:
- Complete 18 graduate credits through STEM Teach in one content area (biology, chemistry, computer science/IT, math, physics, or psychology) for dual credit credentialing
- Work towards a master’s degree at an Indiana higher education public or private institution for dual credit credentialing purposes
- STEM Teach profile must be dual credit status
- Earn a C+ or higher in each course to continue participating
How to Participate
Once a teacher determines that they may be eligible for this funding opportunity, they will need to contact STEM Teach to request an opportunity to participate. Once eligibility is confirmed, teachers will need to take the following steps:
- Contact STEM Teach to confirm that the higher education institution that you are considering will participate as a provider in this funding opportunity.
- Contact the higher education institution if you are not currently approved in a master’s program, request a transcript review to determine which STEM Teach credits transfer (if pursuing a master’s degree at a university different than that where 18 graduate credits in a content area were completed), and complete the higher education institution application if interested in moving forward with master’s program.
- Once approved for funding, register for a course and send the name and course number to Christel Cater at email@example.com for grant reporting purposes.
- Textbooks costs (up to $180) vary by institution and are included or can be reimbursed.
Contact Christel Cater at firstname.lastname@example.org.