- Registration for Summer 2023 courses is now closed. Stay tuned for news on STEM Teach VI! We hope to have information by the end of June 2023 regarding future offerings for two more years of funding.
- Applications are currently closed. Please SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter to receive important updates and announcements for STEM Teach, including upcoming application and registration windows.
Information about STEM Teach V
Graduate courses and conference scholarships are available at NO COST to Indiana teachers!
The primary concentration of funds will be for Indiana high school teachers who need graduate level courses in STEM discipline areas to meet the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) requirement for teaching dual credit courses. This opportunity includes:
- Tuition and textbooks/materials for teachers to complete 18 graduate level credits in a specific content area. Online graduate courses from participating institutions will be offered in biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, psychology, and technology/IT. Once 18 graduate credits are earned, STEM Teach V will also help to fund the completion of a master’s degree.
Three additional opportunities for STEM Teach V for all Indiana K-12 teachers include:
- Tuition and textbooks/materials to complete a master’s or graduate certificate in STEM education from a participating higher education institution
- Scholarships for teachers to attend STEM-based conferences in Indiana
- Professional development and supplies to infuse STEM into daily classroom activities
Graduate courses will be offered in the following semesters: Winter/Spring 2022, Summer 2022, Fall 2022, Winter/Spring 2023, and Summer 2023 (as funding allows). Since teachers from all regions of Indiana are eligible to apply, an online course format for graduate level courses is the method of course delivery.
Eligibility for STEM Teach V
In order to be eligible for STEM Teach V, teachers must be currently teaching in an Indiana school. All applicants are required to submit a letter of verification from a school administrator. Before you apply to STEM Teach V, view our informational document here!
STEM Teach V is a project of the Independent Colleges of Indiana (ICI) in partnership with the Center of Excellence in Leadership of Learning (CELL) at the University of Indianapolis. Through a state grant, it brings together a group of ICI member colleges and public institutions to offer STEM professional development.
Dual Credit Teachers
Need graduate courses to become credentialed to teach dual credit courses? STEM Teach offers dual credit teachers the opportunity to take courses at a variety of Indiana colleges in content areas such as biology, chemistry, computer science, physics, mathematics and psychology. Classes are in an online format so teachers can access the courses when it fits into their schedule.
High School Teachers
Want to boost content expertise in your classroom? To help high school teachers bring STEM expertise to their classrooms, STEM Teach offers a variety of professional development opportunities including graduate courses to earn certificates and master’s degrees, conference scholarships or professional development that includes free classroom materials or kits.
Middle Grade Teachers
Interested in embedding more STEM skills in your classroom? To support middle grade teachers who want to make STEM stand out in their classrooms, STEM Teach offers a variety of professional development opportunities including graduate courses to earn certificates and master’s degrees, conference scholarships or professional development that includes free classroom materials or kits.
Looking for opportunities to learn how to infuse STEM into your classroom? To encourage elementary teachers to embed STEM activities into their daily lesson plans, STEM Teach offers a variety of professional development opportunities including graduate courses to earn certificates and master’s degrees, conference scholarships or professional development that includes free classroom materials or kits.